Thursday 16 February 2012

Best Year Yet: Boarding, Boxing, Bikram.

So the first month of 'Your Best Year Yet' is well underway, with the first challenge being simple-try a new class. I want to hear from you and what you've been up to but to kick start I've been trying as many new things as I can to give you some ideas. So far, week 1 turned out to be pretty butch...grrr.

WEEK 1

Kickboxing

Big thanks to Midlands Kickboxing who invited me down for a scrap. Well...more of a work out, but I LOVED it! I didn't at all pretend I was Daniel Larusso...(yes-I did do the crane)

It was not only a brilliant work out, but a great stress reliever. Just imagine your boss/ex/annoying friend/taxman on the punch bag and you'll be amazed at the results!






Snowboarding

Being a skiier, I would defend it was the far superior form of snow activity...however I was secretly envious of boarders looking just that little bit cooler...sometimes. Plus, I was getting bored of skiing. How hard could it be to make the switch?! Quite hard actually...but after a 3 hour intensive session, a few bruises and swollen knee it finally clicked! Best.feeling.ever!! Well worth the pain. This'll be me in a few weeks...maybe. 

Get yourself here... http://www.snowdome.co.uk/



WEEK 2

Bikram Yoga

Why wouldn't you want to sit in 35 degrees + heat and do an hour and a halfs yoga session?! Sounds hideous...and for your first time it is PUNISHING. However, once you've got through that first session, not only do you feel very much cleansed, but really rather proud of yourself for making it through the entire session without leaving the room or passing out. That is the main aim of your first class! I felt amazing afterwards and the other girls in the class, who are so friendly, all raved about the long term benefits. Already signed up to 30 days for £30-bargain! Looking forward to the next sweat out...just make sure you drink plenty of water....

http://www.bikramyogaleicester.co.uk//beginners-introduction.html






Floristry

After doing plenty of physical activities I thought it was time I tried a different kind of skill. Lovely Amanda from Mills Florist, Sawley offered to teach me the art of Floristry, something I've always wanted to do! Florists always seem such calm, tranquil places to work! Here's how it went...





Have you tried a new class yet? Let me know and I'll add it to the blog!

Well done to everyone who has tried new thing so far...

Angela Kirk-Pole Dancing and Fit Jazz
Megan Heyer-Flyball
Adele Clarke-Tap Dancing
Glenise Elisabeth Davies-Notts Fitbody Bootcamp
Diane Blything-Back to Netball
Christa De Klerk-Zumba and Hula Hoop
Gemma Keen-Salsa
Kelly Cawkwell-Boot Camp
Beth Anne Fletcher-Burlesque

No comments:

Post a Comment